1. On 6 January 1987, University of California astronomers first witnessed the birth of a galaxy, that contained 1 billion stars.
2. While there are so many cows grazing in the world, there are no two cows who have an identical pattern of spots. Same is the case with our fingerprints.
3. Napoleon and Julius Caesar both suffered from ailurophobia, the severe fear of cats.
4. The stripes on zebra cannot be said black and white(technically). It’s rather black stripes over the white skin.
5. Hyacinth Macaw is the largest parrot in the world, while the Buff Faced Pygmy Parrot is the smallest parrot in the world
6. Total distance covered by the trains of the Indian Railways each day, equals 3.5 times the distance of Earth to Moon.
7. The hippopotamus’ eyes, ears and nostrils are on top of its head. This enables it to stand or sit, submerged almost completely in water with as little as possible showing above the surface, like the tip of iceberg.
8. In 1905, the largest uncut diamond of the world, Cullinan (3106.75 carets) was discovered in South Africa
9. Black Widow, one of the most poisonous spider’s web’s silk is the strongest of all other types found in the world. Its poison is so powerful that if a bird eats black widow, it might face some problem in stomach due to its poison.
10. Alexander the great had the chronic neurological disorder called epilepsy
11. Not all species like the Asiatic Bear live in warmer climates, and doo not hibernate
12. Baywatch was the first American TV show to be seen in the People’s Republic of China
13. Earthworms have five hearts
14. In 1869,Austria became the first country to use postcards
15. Flying frogs change color all the day. They are greenish-blue during day-time and green in the evening. At night there are black.
16. K. S. Ranjitsinhji(Ranji) was the first Indian to be featured in the Wisden cricket magazine. He was featured in the 1897 issue.
17. World’s First SMS, Merry Christmas, was sent on Dec 3, 1992 by Neil Papworth of Sema Group to Richard Jarvis of Vodafone, in UK
18. The game of Chess was invented in India
19. In 1556, the deadliest earthquake was recorded, killing 830,000 in China. It was the third deadliest natural calamity
20. Everest is the highest mountain above sea level but not the highest from the centre of the Earth